All 1,085 audio Reviews

day20 last beat day20 last beat

Im liking this one! Props on the 20 days of beat making! You rock!

+Whats on your mind?+ +Whats on your mind?+

Lyrics are really good. The audibility was clear and for the most vocals were level with the beat (2nd verse sounded a bit low...) . The hook is great; the mixed in rap adlibs add a nice touch too. I'm not sure about the low pitched dub track though... the consistent dual ranged vocals sound too repetitive. Personally, I prefer hearing them on emphasis words or phrases, rather than on everything... The delivery is decent. I thought the intro verse sounded a bit constrained (but maybe that was intentional because it works to fit the bar content), in the later verses, your flow is much more on point and the delivery sounds more enthused. Lots of tonal fluctuations and stretches; i like it! Beat is pretty dope too, did you make it?

gray1 responds:

yeah made everything. was my first time recording myself got a decent mic. but im vocal eqing isn't there yet. i didn't really know what i was doing. i was very hesitant to add the deep vocal thro the whole thing but you know that feeling i just hated the sound of my own voice. i donno i was going to have a friend of mine zodiax on newgrounds help me out with it when i get a chance to edit it he has a little more experience with recording than i do. i absolutely hate my chorus. the last two verses were free styled. i was making the beat and rapping at the same time lol. i have so many junk wave files

Bomb Hammer Bomb Hammer

diggin this. crazy ass lyricism here! Outro bit was a nice touch.

SucoVidya responds:

Thanks!

Down The Street Down The Street

I really like this. The beat, so rappable. Nice change ups throughout and the transition to and from hook to verse is smooth as buddah. Together, composition works, however, I'm not too keen on that farty digital trumpet melody thing ( 1st section after intro). After the intro and lead up (which is wonderful; that grainy static and bass kick have a very oldschool hip hop feel to them), there was grimey tone, that kinda takes a hit from the almost comical and whacky sound of that digital fart horn. I'm also on the fence about the mid section with the muted digital fart horn solo; I like the melody, just not the sound. The outro is a bit too layered and convoluted, I do like the echo static though.

Overall , solid beat, looking forward to hearing more like this!

Short Mean Funk Short Mean Funk

Dat funk is ripe, would love to hear an expanded version of this, if available!

DJ ShaK - Let Go WIP DJ ShaK - Let Go WIP

Sounds very dope. Nice positive vibes and a great up tempo enthusiasm. Very interested to hear what guitars will add to this. The hook is really good, but... I am not a fan of the lofi sound it has; it doesn't mesh with the crisp sound of the instruments.

Sick beat yo

Sunra - Fuck Sunra - Fuck

this friggin dope.

Sunraw responds:

Thanks homie

Day 8 Beat 2 Day 8 Beat 2

Liking this soothing cool jazzy jubilant nature of this one. A quick fade out at the end might help make these beats end less abruptly, kinda bucks with immersion when looping this many many many times.

Kraftor responds:

Updated!

Day 3 Beat 1 Day 3 Beat 1

Really like that bass, reminds me of earlier Swollen Members type beats. Nice subtle change ups throughout is a nice touch, although, maybe a breakdown bridge section at 3/4 or something might've added a nice variation. Solid beat though, looking forward to hearing your others

Kraftor responds:

Thanks, MickeyMao, will be working on the breakdown and variation on beats.

Strange Things are Happening Strange Things are Happening

I think its a long time available instead of mornings. We need it. I have to go to a team of researchers from the university of California at Berkeley and the other can go to a training. What a crazy day. Encore. I'm gonna predict thst and the other can go to a place with less of the packers fans. I think jes going todrop by tomorrow night at comic book land.
Ì
I like the lofi sounds here. The process you went thru in creating this sounds very interesting. Very clever approach to sampling here. This one has a very familiar libby shimmz vibe to it: sometimes a libby jam just sounds like the OST to metroidesque zombie apocalypse.

7 golden geese and horse duck out of 8 platypi

Good job!

LiberalShimmering responds:

Thanks much for the stream of consciousness werds. Muchas gracias.